Aktrion Facilities were awarded the contract in July 2015 to deliver a full facilities management service at the 3 printing sites across the UK, the sites runs 24/7 364 days per year. We currently provide over 400 people - 60% of the resources required across all sites. We are heavily involved in the client’s change process and play key roles to continuously drive improvement whilst causing no disruption to the operation of the business maintaining the clients goals.
The objectives include
- Establish flexible working practices throughout the operations.
- Implement cost down solutions to resource management.
- Manage the transition from old sites to new operations.
- Drive continuous improvement.
- Engaging CAFM System.
- All material handling requirements includes, Clamp, Counterbalance and Reach FLT’s.
- Pre-press operations – plate making.
- Loading and unloading of all vehicles on site.
- Post press operations – building, palletising and dispatch of all newsprint.
- Implementation of the CAFM System.
- Set-up management systems for client communication and shift management.
- Provision of a 24/7 help desk.
- Bringing all services under one service provider.
- Reduced labour churn to less than 3%.
- Removed the need for overtime.
- Worker flexibility increase.
- Ongoing training of staff facilitates the implementation of further improvements.